Hong Kong Trip !!! 30th Nov <------------>3rd Dec
Following immediately to the Taiwan Trip will be the Hong Kong Trip as part of our 11 days vacation shedule.
However it was not to be a similar event like Taiwan as my family will also be going for my Uncle 華仔funeral. He had passed away recently due to cancer at its last stage when it was discovered. The total period from knowing bt the cancer to passing away took a mere 6 mths which shows the vulnerability of Humans my frens. Anyway the funeral was similiar to those HK drama most of us seen, where Taoist Masters will chant sutra and showing us the procedures to send the spirit of my Uncle on his way. Frens and Relatives who came to show their consolance will bow 3 times on his altar b4 close kins like me and my siblings and cousins will return a bow. Burning of paper made things such as house, motorcycle etc were also burnt to let him take the things he liked most to the nether world. The proceedings carried on to the next day where his body will be escorted to the hills and wait to be incinerated. Of course at the end kins like me will have to wash our hands with pomelo leaves and walk over a fire basin to brush away all that are bad.
Dying is one thing, the worst past is the aftermath. How sad it is for my Grandma and Grandpa who 白頭人送黑頭, and my Grandma cried terribly when she was not allowed to see my Uncle for the last time (Old Folks are not suitable to attend funerals of those Younger) . My parents dropped their tears at the sight and also upon viewing Uncle's carcarse.
So I guess the story at the end of the day is again..........to cherish watever ppl you know ba. It doesn't serve that much purpose to cry over a kin who you have not cherished while he/she was alive. I would hope that when my kins passed away b4 me (hopefully by the age of 100, where it'll be a joyous funeral in Chinese Tradition), I wun even drop a single tear, as I have enjoyed my time fully with them and I have cherish them fully while alive. After the funeral too, I have a interesting wish too. I dun think I wan a elaborate funeral in the LONG FUTURE, I would like to be incinerated with the newest environmental friendly coffin, funeral playing my fav songs, and to keep my ashes in a pot with some soil. Plant a nice tree in the pot, and hopefully can transfer that tree to Pawai someday to give me upmost enjoyment.
Haha I MEANT IT.
Anyway, 2 days was that to the funeral, while the other 2 days was to keep my Grandma happy and not think too much. Went to my Grandma's place to have dinner, wat joy to visit the the palce where I spent some of my childhood in. Also went to Big Aunt house where Big Cousin treated us to some great wine, steamboat, and Jap beef, guess he is quite happy that his Great Uncle, My Dad, is back in HK. On the last day, once again we went out with the Aunts and Cousins to drink tea and eat Dim Sum (wah biang I see Dim Sum until scared man, I see them every week lor).
This short reunion with my relatives brighten up my life again, since I have not seen them for so long. Uncle Chi was quite interesting lar, since he has always been labelled a quiet guy who scared the living daylights of my cousins, but this time round he was so jovial and so enthu to chat with us. It was really nice seeing him so.
Hey and Cousin Lam, quit ur job lar haha ur boss nv give u a rise for so long. Really nice to see her again after so long, her nice and sociable character still stays strong after so long and she cares for everyone around her.
Others ar haha too many lar, Big Cousin, Kai Cousin, Yin Cousin, Men Cousin, Tong Tong, Ting Ting etc. Although I do apologise for my little words and slow reaction over the few days, but I also dun understand why is it so. I think it was cos that I rarely see my cousins all yr round and I cant express fully. In my heart I am really very very happy to see them all, especially so rowdy and happy during gatherings which I dun experience myself all the time.
Quite a bit of ppl crying on this triP sia~~~
Till next time then. End Of Trip.
Back at Singapore on 041206 @ 0030hrs



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home