Life is like a game,throwing dice,making choices.Its a Bet,a Gamble,but everything is in your hands cause you hold the dice and you chose to gamble.Some result in Happiness,some Gloomy.Have no regrets cause we made the choice to play and choose in the first place.Dun talk to me bt God or Fate maker,although I'm very fine with religion.Religion is a reference to me,not dominance. Live the Life,Live the Game,Live the Iori Game.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Party @ Furama Riverfront Hotel


Ho Ho Ho~~~

So I guess we are nearing the end of the interesting year again, lifes goes on and the world turns on.

The fun part of the day was Christmas function organised by the squadron, and I was invited for it, partly for a treat after ORD and also getting a momento for my service. Once again, the function was held at a posh place, Furama Riverfront Hotel, and we were treated to a sumptious buffet meal which cost 32 bucks per head! So the feeding frenzy feast starts and everyone whack!

SG Ong goes crazy with his sweet fetish and kept taking cakes, sago, puddings on his plate. I can only tahan 2 main serving and a dessert serving. The food quality is good, such as beef, Japanese Cusine and soups. Dessert wise is also outstanding, offering a wide variety from ice cream to puddings. The minus point is that the overall variety is small compared to other buffets, so I guess the treat at China Tea House is still the best out of all the events organised by the Squadron.

And then comes the Momento presentation part, and I received a picture of Pawai and Sqadron Badge on a frame with wishings from my colleagues.


I'll always remember the days I spent in the Sqadron.

The night ended wonderfully with exchanging gifts and even I got one. All the presents for NSF were sponsered for, to gives us all a happy Christmas. Some got cook books to be used on pawai, while I got a gift which Encik Lee bought, a Squadron Eagle glass with base light. Its quite a surprizing gift, as the Eagle is part of the FSS Squadron, and it actually shows it clawing a FISH out of the water, haha just nice for me! I'm so happy. After that we took a walk......well well around some place.......I'm nt gonna tell u where. And sian we missed the last train and Xin Zhong took Alan and me on a night walk till I reach home at 2. Haha


Well the night was very fun as compared to wat my Company offered to me in the afternoon. As a temp worker, I might not be entitled to welfare and perks, but it still erks me.

From the start, my supervisor has not told me ANYTHING about a Christmas celebration. I have heard bt the event thro my colleague and other 2 temp workers who are under another supervisor. Both of them has told me that their supervisor has informed them of the upcoming event and have paid 10 dollars each for the buffet for them. Gifts exchange which required each to pay 10 dollars has also been paid for them.

Yar so the event finally starts, and my colleagues were quite embarrassed to leave me behind at the hall and promised that they will get some food for me later. So I was left behind as the other 2 temps and my colleagues goes to eat at the HR department.

The phone rang at 12pm when I was just bt to go for lunch, and its from my supervisor. She told me to go up for the buffet. So at the last moment did she informed me. Lucky draw starts, but I dunno whether I was included as well. The other 2 temps got their draw tickets, and each other them won some good prizes such as a Hi-Fi set and Picnic Table. My upper boss told me to draw a ticket, which I did after some hesistation. Then the sian thing is that he said sorry and told me to give the draw ticket back, so obviously my supervisor did not include my share.

So the celebration was passed with everyone getting some form of prize and gifts except me.

Not being petty lar, just that I feel quite weird inside during that event lor. It gives me some insight too, of how one's boss can varies. So I guess this time round I got the bad lot, very interesting social reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home